Job Title: Lift Operator
Department: Outdoor Operations
As a lift operator, you will play an important part in the daily operation of the mountain. The primary role of this position is for the safe uphill transport of all skiing and snowboarding guests at the mountain. Additionally, you will play a major role as an ambassador for Mt. Baldy on a daily basis. Knowledge of the mountain is important as you interact with guests.
- Ensure the safe and efficient uphill transport of guests.
- Assist and inform customers whenever necessary in proper use of lifts.
- Check all customers boarding the lift for a valid ticket or pass, and ensure all tickets and passes are properly secured to customers.
- Fill out information boards daily.
- Ensure all ramps and corrals are in the best possible condition at all times to facilitate the safe and efficient loading and unloading of customers.
- Fill out daily logs and turn in to your supervisor at the end of each day.
- Shovel entrances, stairs, walkways of buildings.
- Maintain lift huts, equipment and surrounding areas in a neat and orderly condition.
- Follow all standard procedures for maintaining safe conditions.
- Communicate problems to supervisors while showing initiative in handling routine and emergency matters.
- Assist in emergencies as required, i.e.: lift evacuations, avalanche rescue, etc.
- The ability to work with people in a cheerful, courteous manner.
- Must be alert and in good physical condition.
- Must be ready and willing to perform duties, which are not necessarily lift operation functions, but are necessary for the successful operation of Mt. Baldy